MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ring performance vs Octagon's

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Light Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Ring performance vs Octagon's

In another thread, El Bresko brought up a point about Mirko Cro Cop and the difference in his performances in the rings and in the octagon and I would like to know opinions on what are the major differences for the fighters using one stage or another, specially considering many of the fights listed where stand up fights?

Here is the quote "respectifully stolen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Cro Cop is completely overrated in an octagon. The ring was and always will be his domain.

In the ring he managed to beat guys like Peter Aerts, Jerome Le Banner, Mike Bernardo, Musashi, Mark Hunt, Remy Bonjasky, Ray Sefo, Barnett, Randleman, Mark Coleman and Wanderlei.

In the octagon he lost to Gonzaga, Kongo, Roy Nelson, a shitty looking Frank Mir and Brendan Schaub.

The KO was cool but it never would have happened if it was in a ring.

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote