MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ring performance vs Octagon's

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Killz
The Fun Police

Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Yeah I don't see any definitive answer there. But the ring is obviously bigger. I just don't know how much bigger.
The cage is bigger

Edit:

UFC Octagon
Source - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9133213AAdO7yA

Quote:
The Octagon
The UFC stages bouts in an octagonal caged enclosure, "The Octagon." Originally, SEG trademarked The Octagon and prevented other mixed martial arts promotions from using the same type of cage, but in 2001, Zuffa gave its permission for other promotions to use octagonal cages (while reserving use of the name "Octagon"), reasoning that the young sport needed uniformity to continue to win official sanctioning.[35]
The cage is an eight-sided structure with walls of metal chain-link fence coated with black vinyl and a diameter of 32 ft (9.75 m), allowing 30 ft (9 m) of space from point to point. The fence is 5'6" to 5'8" high. The cage sits atop a platform, raising it 4 ft (1.2 m) from the ground. It has foam padding around the top of the fence and between each of the eight sections. It also has two entry-exit gates opposite each other.[36]
The mat, painted with sponsorship logos and art, is replaced for each event.
Pride Ring

source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_FC#Ring

Quote:
Pride used a five-roped square ring with sides 7 m in length (approximately 23 ft).

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson

Last edited by Killz : 01-04-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote