MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 2013 Predictions for each weight class

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
2013 Predictions for each weight class

I didn't see any thread except for the contest thread to make general predictions. So I hope it's OK that I started this one.

Predictions for the divisions.

HW
Reem blast Bigfoot early and brutally. Reem is next up for Cain, he has Cain in all kinds of trouble early but Cain manages to survive and finish the fight via GnP in the 3rd.
JDS will go 2-0 with one of those wins being over Werdum to earn a rubber match vs Cain.

LHW
Bones next fight will be either Machida/Hendo winner or DC. I don't think Chael actually fights Bones(injury during show). I think Bones loses in 2013, I'm going to say DC could be the man to do it. I think Glover will earn a shot in 2013.

MW
Vitor blast Bisping, maybe they setup Vitor vs Weidman and the winner gets Andy. Either guy I think would put up a great fight vs Anderson. I think both guys threaten to finish the fight but Anderson manages to stay alive and finish the fight. After which he finally seriously talks retirement. Could be the last year we see Spider in action.

WW
I think this is the year GSP goes down. I think he was extremely rusty last fight. I think he probably still gets by Nick but I think Hendricks could be the man to end his run. Even if that happens I fully expect GSP to get the title back.

LW
Pettis destroys Cowboy but Gil gets the shot before Pettis. I'm actually leaning Bendo today with that fight, but could change tomorrow. Pettis vs Bendo 2 will be a FOTY candidate with Bendo winning a SD.

FW
Aldo and Edgar goes back and forth. I think Aldo pulls it off but I think it's close enough that people will want Aldo to stay at FW for the rematch. But I could also see Edgar vs Mendes late in 2013 for the FW title with Aldo moving up to LW.

BW
Cruz fights around the beginning of fall maybe later. I think Barao might edge out Mayday but that's a hell of a fight. I think Wineland puts up a great fight but loses to whoever the Champ is. I predict Cruz loses to the new Champ when he does return and sets up yet another Faber fight.

Fly
Creepy beats Joe. Formiga bounces back strong. I see Mouse beating Dodson and fighting Creepy for the 3rd time later in the year. Creepy wins the belt Formiga earns a shot and we get that rematch in about a year.

Female division
Ronda wins her 1st UFC fight in a route. I think the UFC will take their time with her and the division since Ronda is still young. Not sure who will be next for Ronda but I'm sure it will also be favorable. However I think toward the end of the year the UFC will start to promote the fight they want. Undefeated Olympians squaring off. Judo vs Wrestling. Sara McMann vs Ronda Rousey. Might not happen until next years Super Bowl but it will happen.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote