MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: Nick Diaz doesn't return my calls or texts

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #136 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Banned

TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
The people that hate Diaz and cry that he may get a title shot over Hendricks are idiots.

With their ever constant disdain for the guy, they make him more popular than he ever could be.

13 pages on this subject? Thats great...haha. People LOVE to talk about Diaz, even when he doesn't even say anything. Then they wonder why he gets big fights? Because he is a polarizing figure obviously....He has a huge fanbase, but the people that don't like him put him over the top.

Good stuff.
You of all people know how much I despise Nick Diaz and want him gone from the sport, so I won't even go into that.

But it pisses me off when people say that fans like Toxic and myself are "idiots" because we want to see a guy fight for the title that has actually earned it. Hendricks has beaten Pierce, Fitch, Koscheck, and Kampmann. That's one of the more impressive streaks at Welterweight, especially considering how stacked that division is. Diaz is first of all, coming off of a loss. Second of all, he's coming off a suspension. I know that this isn't Diaz's fault. GSP asked for this fight, and Dana, who is apparently now obsessed with money, thought it would be okay to give a title shot to a guy who doesn't deserve anything but failure.

But just because I care about the legitimacy of the sport and hold professionalism over personality does not make me an idiot.
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote