MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ring performance vs Octagon's

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Woodenhead
Lightweight

Woodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatWoodenhead Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Yeah, I agree with what was said about Fedor & CroCop. They are different beasts, the ring & the cage. It's much different being pressed up against the cage than the ropes. Fedor would often use the "springiness" of the ropes to get takedowns. Someone already commented on backing people into corners as well. Then you've got breaks/standups due to going under/outside of the ropes. I think it's obvious one arena would hinder/benefit certain fighters/styles more than others. And honestly IDK which I prefer; I think I'll give a slight edge to the ring, as I feel it tends to promote more stand-up wars. Whaddaya think?
Woodenhead is offline   Reply With Quote