MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping makes fun of Belcher, Weidman and Boetsch

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Belfort had a hard time finishing Akiyama and Johnson. His boxing looked almost non-existent against Jones. In a way it seems as if his power is fading.

I think Brian Stann hits harder than Belfort does.

But both tend to keep their feet planted always ready to throw a KO punch at all times and don't move much?

All Bisping needs to do is get Belfort down or tie him up against the cage and make Belfort gas out his arms and a good portion of Belfort's punching power will be gone.

Belfort lets loose against Silva, Franklin and others he knows aren't likely to go for the takedown.

But in the back of his mind he has to know Bisping has strong wrestling and be worried about the TD and it could be enough of a doubt for him to be conservative with his boxing and for Bisping to edge him out on a UD.
He never really hurt Johnson that bad if I remember, and he had no hard time finishing Akiyama. I think that considering that both fights were first round finishes, that was a horrible example.

He couldn't get close to Jones, just like all of his opponents. If you're holding it by those standards, Machida looks terrible stand up aswell.

I don't think his power, or his skill level, is fading at all. People always say this, but look at the records. He's only lost to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones in the last 6 years, and out of his 7 wins he's 6 of them, 5 in the first round and 5 by KO.

I don't agree that Stann hits harder at all. Stann has a bit of pop and can finish a fight, but while he CAN, Belfort DOES.

Yeah they aren't the most technical when it comes to striking, but Belfort has no problem matching anyone on the feet. "All Bisping has to do". Lol. All I would have to do to beat Anderson Silva is get him down and knock him out on the ground. That's how saying that works yeah?

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote