MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping makes fun of Belcher, Weidman and Boetsch

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #42 (permalink)
Trix
Lightweight

Trix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
He never really hurt Johnson that bad if I remember, and he had no hard time finishing Akiyama. I think that considering that both fights were first round finishes, that was a horrible example.

He couldn't get close to Jones, just like all of his opponents. If you're holding it by those standards, Machida looks terrible stand up aswell.

I don't think his power, or his skill level, is fading at all. People always say this, but look at the records. He's only lost to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones in the last 6 years, and out of his 7 wins he's 6 of them, 5 in the first round and 5 by KO.

I don't agree that Stann hits harder at all. Stann has a bit of pop and can finish a fight, but while he CAN, Belfort DOES.

Yeah they aren't the most technical when it comes to striking, but Belfort has no problem matching anyone on the feet. "All Bisping has to do". Lol. All I would have to do to beat Anderson Silva is get him down and knock him out on the ground. That's how saying that works yeah?
Hey, just to be clear - I'm not knocking Vitor's striking becauase he or anyone else didn't dominate Jon Jones standing.

When Vitor (and other fighters who rely heavily on their striking) fight ppl with good wrestling and takedowns like Jon Jones, Anthony Johnson or Bisping they tend to fight less then their full ability.

When you say: "Belfort has no problem matching anyone on the feet".

Well bro, what about Jon Jones? Did Belfort have a problem matching him on the feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
What are you talking about

Vitor looked impressive in both those fights and hardly had a hard time. He is fighting grown men who are professional fighters not kids. So he isnt going to be able to just get a finish whenever he wants but he still finished both fights in the first round. Pretty impressive id say.
He looked impressive, it doesn't mean he doesn't have weaknesses or there aren't areas where Bisping is better than he is.

If I said Bisping has better cardio than Belfort I doubt anyone would dispute it. Bisping has his strengths and Belfort has his weaknesses and despite Belfort looking impressive in all his fights, it doesn't mean Bisping couldn't defeat Belfort in playing his strengths against areas where Belfort is weakest.

Really though. Vitor is mostly a guy who relies on power in the same way that Brian Stann and Mike Tyson rely on their power.

In also the same way that JDS is a fighter who relies on his power.

If you can take that away, it can make a big difference.

Last edited by Trix : 01-05-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote