MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping makes fun of Belcher, Weidman and Boetsch

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Trix
Lightweight

Trix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I wasnt commenting on any of that. Only this part.

but i also think i should comment on this

Vitor went in to that fight with a broken hand. So he couldnt exactly box and its impressive he threw any punches at all. Which is why the plan was to take it to the ground and go for Suba (Almost worked too). I think he also threw head kicks while they were standing up.
Vitor looked gased when he got the finish in the Anthony Johnson fight. The power in his punches was gone and he had to go for the choke because he wasn't really inflicting damage with his strikes anymore. So yeah, I say it looked like he had a hard time getting the finish, bro.

Don't really remember the Akiyama fight. All I remember is Vitor may have needed 20-40 punches to get the finish whereas I suspect Brian Stann would have finished Akiyama with 2-10 punches. And I'm still not sure if it was the punches to the back of Akiyama's head that actually finished him. So yeah, maybe he did have a hard time getting the finish & it was only the illegal shots that did Akiyama in.

Did Vitor have a broken hand? I don't know if that was actually the case. After the fight there are medical suspensions and I don't remember Vitor having a medical suspension for a broken hand.

Here:

Quote:
UFC 152 Medical Suspensions

Jon Jones: Indefinite suspension; needs x-ray of right arm for medical clearance (minimum 14 day suspension)
Vitor Belfort: 30 days rest; laceration over eye

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/24/33...-jon-jones-arm
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote