MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez - 'It's not up to me who I fight for.'

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakler View Post
Why isn't it up to him? :\ Also why Is He Doing that Silly capital Random Words thing..>.>.
Because as long as Bellator is willing to match what the UFC is willing to pay him he either has to sign with Bellator or wait out the matching period. I don't know why the UFC just doesn't do a contract Bellator can't match, give him a small PPV % for his first fight or something, Bellator has no PPV revenue so they could not match it. I am sure the UFC could use tricks to get the contract but I think they will have to and Bellator will lawyer up to fight it and the such. This kind of thing was common in Prowrestling when WWF/WCW were at war.

I am guessing the "ugly" prediction from Dana revolved around diffrent wording and what not on the contract. Bellator has less marketing as far as action figures, video games etc. The UFC could also lump in sponsorship etc. Since Bellator could view this as a unfair business practice they will stall it and drag them through red tape. If Eddie needs to fight financially Bellator will hope that the desperation will get him to just resign with them and basically concede defeat.

Basically Alvarez is now a pawn in a UFC/Bellator pissing match.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote