MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez - 'It's not up to me who I fight for.'

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leakler
THE MAULER

Leakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level nowLeakler is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Because as long as Bellator is willing to match what the UFC is willing to pay him he either has to sign with Bellator or wait out the matching period. I don't know why the UFC just doesn't do a contract Bellator can't match, give him a small PPV % for his first fight or something, Bellator has no PPV revenue so they could not match it. I am sure the UFC could use tricks to get the contract but I think they will have to and Bellator will lawyer up to fight it and the such. This kind of thing was common in Prowrestling when WWF/WCW were at war.
Sucks really, would love to see Alvarez in the UFC. Surely as you say the UFC could do something about it, no way they can't make a deal that Bellator can't match.
Leakler is offline   Reply With Quote