MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez - 'It's not up to me who I fight for.'

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
That's a good idea but Bellator is backed by Viacom.

Now how much Viacom truly cares about Bellator, that's a different story but isn't Bellator going to be the big thing on Spike? I know they have that TNA Wrestling or whatever it's called but pro wrestling is garbage these days and MMA is much more popular so that's a big factor, the fact that you can get further with real fighting than you can with fake and Spike is supposed to be a 'Guys' Channel. They can't have the UFC, SF has been under the UFC and is about to die in a few days so they had to go with Bellator. Most of Spike's programming is garbage so it would make sense to put some work into Bellator, although I do like Deadliest Warriors, Manswers and shit like that is awful.
WCW was owned by Turner Broadcasting. At the end of the day return on investment is return on investment and being owned by Viacom just gives them more accountability to investors. If they were owned by one person he can lose money on his wims.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote