MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 157 Tickets Not Selling Well

View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
The title of this thread is completely misleading. If you actually read the article it says that ticket sales are basically selling at a normal pace compared to other events in that venue. The only conclusion is that this card isn't any different from other cards, in either a positive way or a negative way.
The real indicator will be PPV sales. Tickets will always sell and it's not that hard to fill a venue with an established brand like the UFC. PPV, however, has no limit to buys and cannot be "filled up". PPV is also sold at a set price, so it will be interesting to see who will dish out the money to watch this card. I know I won't.
I think it'll do well, it's the first time Women fight in the UFC so I think that'll draw some interest, they're doing a primetime to promote it, Ronda can speak and Liz is very easy to promote, I've got it doing similar numbers to Silva/Bonnar.

Hell, if people paid to watch Silva/Bonnar I have no idea why they're complaining about Rousey/Carmouche, Silva/Bonnar was the definition of a lamb being led to the slaughter.

9/27/14
LL is offline   Reply With Quote