MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ring performance vs Octagon's

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
I think there are some other facts when it comes to CC that people are forgetting, like in the Cage people walked him down. The most success he had in the UFC was when he was able to walk someone down, much like he did in Pride. But more fighters in the UFC train months for their opponent, you find out he can't just throw his kicks if he is walking backwards. So you focus on walking him down, forcing him to back up to keep his range and all of a sudden he isn't nearly as dangerous.

I don't know how much different his career would have gone if he fought UFC fighters in the ring though. A lot of items that he lost to would still have beaten him in the ring assuming people were willing to walk him down/into corners.

As for the topic overall, it wasn't just the ring, it was where the ring was. In Japan you had 100 resets a fight for wiping blood down, let alone to get fighters out from under the ropes. There was also the fact of the 10 minute first round, that round is brutal and I really wonder how it would affect fights in the UFC if there was something like the grapplers round. Also lets not forget the rule changes. If Kos and Fitch could knee guys in the head on the ground the WW division would be full of guys who never made it out of the first round with either of them.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote