MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 157 Tickets Not Selling Well

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Everlast,

There are a few more things that need clarifying after your last post. Could you explain to me please how the WNBA is surviving only because of the NBA? Also, could you tell me what the maximum salary of any player, regardless of their gender has to due with any level of success? I get that they are paid partly from the revenue and that would be an indicator, however, the fact that they play it and make any money means that they are passionate about the sport and there is enough of a fan base to keep them playing. As for the other sports you mentioned, most of those have huge loyal followings, making your statement inherently false. It is one thing to say that you are only a fan of these sports at certain times, but quite another to say that no one likes them. Women's MMA will be around for a year or two and then die off? It has been around for some time already and is showing no signs of slowing down. Please, keep your mouth as closed as you keep your mind.
Making enough niche fans to have a small loyal following and the female players being passionate is nice, but so the same can be said for professional scrabble or croquet players.

Yet you don't see mainstream sports with viewership of millions being dumb enough to try to HEADLINE their event with such niche endeavors.

You can open your mind all you want, but in the end you're not gonna force open people's wallets with what is basically a niche and inferior product.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote