MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 157 Tickets Not Selling Well

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Yeah I think the whole female fighters thing has been handled badly, and it's something that would have needed perfection to have succeded.

I would have signed a few more female fighters. Really to non elite fans, like me, there are only like 3 or 4 female fighters, Cyborg, Tate, Rousey and Carano. There were things that made signing all of them an issue, so really it would have been a group of unknowns that had to be signed. Signing 4 BW fighters, with Rousey being one of them, and having a tournament would have been the best way to arrange things to me. They could have been on the main card of two different events for the first round, which would have shown woman's MMA without forcing it to be something it isn't, a main event, by making it a title fight. Then, with Rousey most likley winning with ease, the UFC fans would have got to see her in the biggest stage and would get behind her (which I wouldnt mind doing myself).

Even at that, it wouldn't have been big enough to main event for at least 1 year. It could have been like the UFC did when they introduced the smaller weight classes, making it the co-main event to actual title fights.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote