MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 157 Tickets Not Selling Well

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
HellRazor
Flyweight

HellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of lightHellRazor is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
You can open your mind all you want, but in the end you're not gonna force open people's wallets with what is basically a niche and inferior product.
Let me give you a possible window into Dana's mind. Every tennis slam final that one or both of the Williams sisters played in has gotten better US TV ratings than the corresponding men's final.

Different sports, but the common idea is that Americans will watch women in individual competitive sports, IF they are stars, and IF it's for a championship. I don't think, near term anyway, the UFC has a division here. But they do have a star, and they do have a championship. And if this sells about as well as the average UFC event, he'll keep at it.

It doesn't matter if you like it or I like, as long as ENOUGH people buy the PPV, for whatever reason. And if they are people who were NOT buying the UFC before, that's an added bonus.

It's all about the money.
HellRazor is offline   Reply With Quote