MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping makes fun of Belcher, Weidman and Boetsch

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Middleweight

TanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I know this thread is turning into the Weidman show, but can someone tell me what they see from Weidman that would trouble Anderson Silva? I've seen all of his fights except the Maia fight, and I've read up on it enough to know that if anything I'd only think less of him by seeing it. He looked to be a pretty good all rounder from his fights. Alright subs, good wrestling, decent striking. But I can't see a single thing he would bring against Spider. Chael has better wrestling, Belfort/Hendo etc. have better striking, Maia has better subs. I don't get where people can see him beating AS.
I don't think Weidman could beat Silva right now, or even in a year, but once Chris reaches his full potential and sharpens up his game I can see him beating Anderson. He has a scary blend of athleticism, wrestling and an extremely dangerous ground game, which are three major things you need to be able to utilize against Anderson. Working with Ray Longo and Costa Philippou, his striking is only going to get better. The area I see Weidman needing to work on the most is his explosiveness. The thing that worked for Chael so well against Anderson was his explosive double. Weidman doesn't have that. One small (very small) dent in Anderson's game is that he lacks a natural base what makes defending takedowns easier. If Weidman can develop an explosive double I can see him giving Anderson a very, very tough fight.

Rich Franklin - Holly Holm - Carlos Condit - Andrei Arlovski
Credit to Spite for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote