MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMAF End of the Year Awards: Best New Member (2012)

View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I have a completely different outlook on that situation then how you described it. James Toney begged and pleaded for the fight and he got paid very well(in terms of MMA $) for the fight. He talked mad shit about MMA and he was looking for a paycheck. It would have been bad business to give him Joey Beltran and have Toney knock his ass out. They did exactly what they had to do IMO. They paid him too much not to give him a "name" and they couldn't afford for him to win. Worked out for everyone, James got his money.

But we are getting waaaay off topic here. I think if we just had a 2 person run off you would win. The other quality candidates are taking your votes.
"Couldnt afford for him to win" is where I had a problem. To me, they pretty much arranged for him to lose. Makes Cody Mc/Chad Mendes look like Ali and Forman.

And yeah, I agree. The only reason I'm down is because of all of these other dicks. I'm a nice person and don't give anyone abuse, so if it wasn't for these complete and utter arseholes....

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote