MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendo and the hall of fame

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
You are missing the point. It wasn't about talent. It's about having people in a HoF that weren't even with the company. It isn't UFC Fighting. It's MMA fighting. Are they going to put Fedor in? He was never in the UFC but he is surely a hall of famer. I would bet almost anything he doesn't make it.

This HoF has no credibility whatsoever when 1 company in the entire sport is choosing who gets in when equal level fighters aren't with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
I disagree completely. I think level of talent is a factor and I don't think it discredits the HOF at all. It would be a major difference if they put someone like Hector Lombard into the HOF based on his past wins. But not only did the guys mentioned beat top ranked fighters it was with an organization that is owned and then absorbed into Zuffa. Zuffa sell Pride merchandise and still broadcast best of Pride TV shows. It's not like there is no affiliation between Pride and UFC. Which is why someone like Urijah Faber and even Miguel Torres should atleast get consideration IMO. But that is just my opinion.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote