MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendo and the hall of fame

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I disagree completely. I think level of talent is a factor and I don't think it discredits the HOF at all. It would be a major difference if they put someone like Hector Lombard into the HOF based on his past wins. But not only did the guys mentioned beat top ranked fighters it was with an organization that is owned and then absorbed into Zuffa. Zuffa sell Pride merchandise and still broadcast best of Pride TV shows. It's not like there is no affiliation between Pride and UFC. Which is why someone like Urijah Faber and even Miguel Torres should atleast get consideration IMO. But that is just my opinion.
The problem is 1, if they take people outside that deserve to be in, it's no longer the "UFC" HoF.

2. They have the ability to be very biased since it is the UFC HoF as they can leave out fighters like Fedor who deserves to be in before any current UFC HW today does.

If it is only UFC fighters, it doesn't really mean much as it won't include all of the actual great fighters. It's a joke.

And my comparison wasn't comparing skill, just showing how stupid it would be for 1 company to induct people into the HoF from other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote