MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez compares UFC and Bellator contracts to 'fine dining' vs. McDonald's

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
For starters, how is it even legal for Bellator to have a clause that says you have to take their contract if they feel like it matches a rivals offer? I understand the clause where they have time to match an offer. But..., how can they tell a fighter that they have to take their offer? I don't see what they're filing suit over. They made a competing offer, which they had 90 days to make, they made it. Why can't Alvarez just wait out the rest of the 90 days and sign with the UFC? I just don't understand the legality in their bitching.
Yeah it almost sounds like the restricted free agents in other sports. Restricted free agents the current team has a chance to match the offer, unrestricted they can sign with whoever...just in case you weren't familiar with American pro sports
OU is offline   Reply With Quote