MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Okami vs Lombard Ufc on Fuel 8 - Japan

View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stun Gun
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Okamie deserve A LOT more credit than he's been given. The man is not one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC by most fans. But I personally love his grinding, tactical style.

I think Okami will continue to beat the contenders coming up through the MW Ranks.

Lombard is a good grappler, but Okami will press the fight (or so I hope) and drain Lombard, and break him. Okamis style is too grueling for Lombard.

If Okami can avoid Lombards big shots, I think he has a great chance. If Okami makes it out of the first round I think he has the fight.

Though I'm curious to see if Lombard comes out like he did in the Palhares fight, or if he is going to sit back more and pick his shots. Personally I think for Lombard his best bet is to go forward in the first round and make Okami uncomfortable. But has to be careful to not gas himself because Okami will take him down once he's gassed.

I know the chances are slim, but I'd lose it if Okami stopped Lombard. Then maybe he'd get some more respect.

Sig Credit - Killz
Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote