MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez compares UFC and Bellator contracts to 'fine dining' vs. McDonald's

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
I get that. But..., but the restricted free agent argument doesn't fit. There is no collective bargaining agreement, hence there is no exclusive negotiating, not legally. If Bellator and the UFC were different teams in the same league, I'd understand. The simple fact that there is no league that all the organizations belong to means that they can't restrict free agency. At least, I don't see how they could.
Yeah I know that doesn't fit this situation. I was just saying that is what this almost sounds like. It looks like they are treating Eddie as an unrestricted FA, even though there is no such thing in MMA. That's just what it reminds me of.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote