MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz gives a homeless guy a stack of money

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
This is a sport where grown men punch eachother in the face and try and break each other's bones, not hug and caress one another. And I'm not trying to be a jerk but as a woman you probably don't understand that there is a testosterone factor to this sport. It's fun to see guys like Nick Diaz go toe to toe and basically tell his boss to screw off. It's entertainment. Diaz just doesn't give a damn and that's why people like him.

Can you imagine how boring the sport would be if every fighter was the same? I can appreciate guys like Rich Franklin and Junior dos Santos who are upstanding guys that shake hands and touch gloves, but I can also appreciate guy like Rampage and Diaz who are true fighters at heart because it adds diversity to this awesome sport. Personalities create entertainment and rivalries which breed fan interest.

No offense of course. I can definitely appreciate the way you view the sport but I'm just trying to get you to see that if MMA didn't have diversity or guys like Diaz, it wouldn't be where it is today.
Man, I have to disagree with a few things here.
The "being a woman" remark is pointless as countless men fighters (and fans) do not appreciate Diaz attitude or behave like him.
Testosterone factor? Only Diaz testosterone is out of control, then.
The fighters are not the same and the sport without Diaz would not become boring in any way. There are plenty of different personalities and rivalry to carry on the sport, without lowering the level to a cheap brawl.
Like it or not, Rampage is fun and hilarous while talking smack. Guy is freequently seeing in a good mood, telling jokes outside the cage and in the cage fighting professionally. Can't compare his style with Diaz, who enjoys looking like he hates and dispises every opponent.

All this is about divergencies between who likes who and why.
I think a good way to define this would be like this:
I totally understand and accept people cheering up for Diaz and believing he and his controversial attitudes are essencial to the sport.
Diaz fans just have to do the same and accept people have the right to not appreciate what he does. That's it.

As for this thread, Diaz ( as any other fighter) is news, after all. Everybory will comment and make fun out of things and this cannot be flatten labelled as pure hate.

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote