MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vitor Belfort talks about TRT.

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
OHKO
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS

OHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of KnowledgeOHKO Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Vitor Belfort talks about TRT.

Quote:
UFC on FX 7: Vitor Belfort talks Testosterone Replacement Therapy....kinda sorta

UFC Middleweight contender Vitor Belfort is the only thing between Micheal Bisping and a UFC title shot against Anderson Silva. Belfort will meet Bisping at UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping. In advance of the fight he spoke to ESPN's Brett Okamoto and the subject of Tesosterone Replacement Therapy came up:

Quote:
ESPN: Some fighters in their 30s have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels and received exemptions to use testosterone replacement therapy [TRT]. Have you ever applied for TRT or would you consider it?

Belfort: If a question is private, I have the choice to answer or not. If I make it public, it's not private anymore. If I want to say something private I will say it, but I keep to myself and I respect the laws of the sport. Whatever the organization, whatever the law -- they know what to do. This is too controversial, why am I going to say something that doesn't accomplish anything? If it's legal, they know what to do. If it's legal, there's nothing to say about it. It's legal.

ESPN: As you mention, TRT is legal for fighters who qualify for it. Do you believe it's getting a bad image in the sport? Fans are too quick to judge fighters who use it?

Belfort: It's hard. Like, you're either a Republican or Democrat. Who is right? I think it's this: The truth is always in the middle. Of course, some things are non-negotiable. I think in life, you just need to find a balance. That's the problem with the rule, is that everyone is so radical. That's my opinion. I'm very faithful to the things I believe in and I'm working on myself. I don't like to judge. When you judge people, it sounds like you are God. We live in a freedom country. It is what it is.
Anyone understand what Belfort is actually saying here?
Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/9/...fort-talks-TRT

After reading through that, I was like...WHAT?