MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz gives a homeless guy a stack of money

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Middleweight

TanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTanyaJade Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
This is a sport where grown men punch eachother in the face and try and break each other's bones, not hug and caress one another. And I'm not trying to be a jerk but as a woman you probably don't understand that there is a testosterone factor to this sport. It's fun to see guys like Nick Diaz go toe to toe and basically tell his boss to screw off. It's entertainment. Diaz just doesn't give a damn and that's why people like him.
A "testosterone" factor? I watch this sport for the same reasons you do. I like seeing guys and girls punch eachother in the face and I also like watching different disciplines come together in one fluid motion. Just because I have chesticles rather than testicles doesn't mean I don't enjoy the more rugged parts of the sport, so to speak.

As for the latter part of this paragraph I'll have to disagree. You may find that sort of crap entertaining, but I don't. This isn't WWF where we have Steve Austin telling Vince McMahon to screw off, this is the UFC, an organization of professionals.

Quote:
Can you imagine how boring the sport would be if every fighter was the same? I can appreciate guys like Rich Franklin and Junior dos Santos who are upstanding guys that shake hands and touch gloves, but I can also appreciate guy like Rampage and Diaz who are true fighters at heart because it adds diversity to this awesome sport. Personalities create entertainment and rivalries which breed fan interest.
This is just a matter of personal taste then. I don't mind Rampage all that much (his recent behavior and his joyride aside) but Diaz is someone that regularly puts the sport in a bad light. I can appreciate what he brings to the cage because he has a unique style, but I don't appreciate his personality because it adds nothing positive to the sport.

Rich Franklin - Holly Holm - Carlos Condit - Andrei Arlovski
Credit to Spite for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote