MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Eddie Alvarez' UFC deal includes immediate title shot.

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
Except for the fact that he gets dropped in almost every fight. Therefore showing at least not great defense. I agree that he's a great and exciting fighter but I really don't agree with him getting a title shot off the rip. I'd still love to see him fight in the UFC though, because he'd further stack an already stacked division.
He gets dropped almost every fight because he has the Nick Diaz, throw absolutely no caution to the wind mentality. In your face, throwing down until some one gets KO'd. There aren't many people at the top of the heap of the UFC LW division who have the power to really trouble or KO Eddie any ways. Bendo has no notable KO power, Nate Diaz doesn't pack a heavy punch, Maynard couldn't KO Bobb Sapp with a free shot...

Does he deserve the immediate title shot given his current recent resume? Not really, but by now people have to realise that in the UFC, deserves' simply got nothing to do with it.

I personally think Alvarez and Chandler are the two best LW's in the entire world right now and think we'll see a great trilogy from the two down the line.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote