MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Listening?

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #3374 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
Say what? Yeah he was in an old That's so Raven episode. Whats that gonna do with his talent? The dude raps about stuff that you just don't hear from most. Yeah he's a non-conformist. Is that a gimmick? I don't know. I don't believe it is. Theres loads of rappers that don't conform. He admits in his tunes he wears contacts to get noticed. He raps about corruption in the music industry, the Illuminati and the god damned awfulness that is Niki Minaj, Drake and friends. He raps about real stuff.

To be honest, I thought if you you were going to have a go at Hopsin it would be about how he used to rap about bitches and violence and now he doesn't. That would be because he found God. He wrote Ill mind of Hopsin 5 in like an hour in the middle of the night.

OK. You don't personally like him. But there's no chance in hell you can't admire his skill, flow and lyrics. His tunes are banging also.
I'm fresh off a battle rap site where multis are the overseer, so his ability to string together syllables isn't that impressive to me. The only good track from him is the last Ill State, which to be fair was completley insane for lyricism.

Hopsin uses non-conforming as a gimmick though. He signed to Ruthless Records, which unless you got a time machine and went back to 1988 was a ridiculous idea. He got burned by a lable and acts like he's now reborn as an underground rapper. The only reason Hop is underground is because the likes of Shady Records and Def Jam haven't came knocking. He's a decent lyricist and all but I think he tries to hard and is exactly what he claims he hates. He's just trying to make it, sure that's respectable, but when he picks on other people trying to make it and acts like he's so high and mighty above them, I don't know, gets to me. Even in the last Ill State he seemed as if he was so great and telling everyone what to do. I'm pretty sure a highly successful businessman could also say to him "You're wasting your time being an internet rapper" the exact same way he's telling a gangster that he's wasting his time doing as such.

Someone get Budhist to post in here so I can rep him for rocking the Wax shit. When I posted that Wax freestyle on the last page I didnt think anyone would have a clue who it was.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote