MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz gives a homeless guy a stack of money

View Single Post

Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #58 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Disagree, for pretty much the same reasons Ari put. Welterweight is stacked with grapplers, the only guys Diaz should be favored over are the Condits, Alves', and Kampmann's of the division and he already lost to Condit. Kampmann could probably beat him but I don't know how an Alves/Diaz fight would go, Diaz doesn't check leg kicks and Alves might have the best leg kicks at 170, but Alves always puts his back on the fence. Nick would probably win unless Alves kept moving and kept it in the center of the cage just like Condit did.

Other than that, GSP, Hendricks, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Maia, Story, Stun-Gun, Heiron, Nate, Woodley and Rory would all beat Diaz imo. Condit has already beat Ellenberger, Stun-Gun, and Rory and would beat Koscheck and Heiron.
Everyone seems to underrate Diaz' grappling though. When him and BJ went to the ground, instantly you say how good he was. When was the last time Diaz got outwrestled against anyone? Also his BJJ is one of the best in the division too. He wouldn't sub Maia or Fitch, but he'd have a damn good shot at subbing everyone else. If GSP fights as open to subs as he did against Condit, Diaz has a HUGE chance of finishing the fight there.

Condit has beat more guys, but you have to consider that Diaz has two fights in the UFC. I just think that Condut has two styles. Decent striking and running away (he'll never shake that ). He's a pretty good striker, and beats most people in that aspect, but I think when you have someone with such standout skills, like Diaz, he can't handle them. Thats why I think Condit gets KOed by Hendricks, because Johnny is such a stand out striker.

Just in summary, I think Diaz' grappling and BJJ skills are very underrated because of how he fights. I don't even think it's a lack of knowledge or ability to adapt. Diaz just wants to go toe to toe and scrap with someone. If they put him on his back he wants to sub them. Hell, he even took Condit's back and Condit is a dope grappler aswell. Put him in there with someone who isn't avoiding him, and watch Diaz either demolish them on the feet or sub them on his back.

EDIT: I talk down on Condit and big up Diaz and LL gives a legitimate and thought provoking response? What madness is this?

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote