MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #49 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
I did my first BJJ class with Eduardo Rocha, a 3rd Degree blackbelt under Royler Gracie, and, honestly, it was different than any BJJ class I've ever been in before.

In the past, the BJJ classes I've been to have sort of had the attittude of: the senior students beat on you until eventually you learn some jiu-jitsu.

I started in a beginners class, so it was very simple and very basic. (I spent 5-10 minutes with a senior student while they walked me through the armbar and keylock from mount) Still, the beginners class is good. Even though I know alot of techniques and I know what positions I can use them from working of the fundamentals of techniques that I thought I really had down revealed that there are a handful of little details in each technique that make things alot easier.

The conditioning in the class was minimal, which is fine because I'd rather be grappling anyway, and the instruction and the senior training partners were helpful.

Definitely a gym worth checking out for those in Oakland. The address is 3600 Grand Ave and the website is cateambjj.com

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote