Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Palhares and Beltran fail drug tests.

4K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Woodenhead 
#1 ·
Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released a statement today regarding UFC middleweight Rousimar Palhares and light heavyweight Joey Beltran:

“Rousimar Palhares tested positive for elevated testosterone and Joey Beltran tested positive for nandrolone, following their respective bouts at UFC on FX 6 in Australia. The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to December 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again.”
http://m.ufc.com/news/ufc-statement-on-ufc-on-fx-6

Just when I didn't think it was possible to dislike Palhares more....

#3 · (Edited)
This should be the nail in the coffin for Palhares. Now that he's actually exposed with "evidence" as a roided up Gorilla and has a history of holding onto submissions after the referee tries to stop the fight with the sole purpose of causing unecessary damage to his opponents.

brb but Palhares has a low IQ, he doesn't really know what he's doing
brb it's not his fault

This guy is a disgrace to the sport and is a scum bag and knows exactly what he's doing. Get him out.

Just when I didn't think it was possible to dislike Palhares more...
Are you implying that you didn't already believe Palhres was roided out of his skull because his "tests" have come back clean prior to this? The athletic commission is a joke and is heavily flawed. The sooner you wake up to this fact the better. Fighters' drug test results coming back clean doesn't really mean any thing, it doesn't prove they aren't roiding like crazy, the system simply isn't any where near as reliable and as stable as it needs to be.

#4 ·
This should be the nail in the coffin for Palhares. Now that he's actually exposed with "evidence" as a roided up Gorilla and has a history of holding onto submissions after the referee tries to stop the fight with the sole purpose of causing unecessary damage to his opponents.

brb but Palhares has a low IQ, he doesn't really know what he's doing
brb it's not his fault

This guy is a disgrace to the sport and is a scum bag and knows exactly what he's doing. Get him out.

Are you implying that you didn't already believe Palhres was roided out of his skull because his "tests" have come back clean prior to this? The athletic commission is a joke and is heavily flawed. The sooner you wake up to this fact the better.
That was not what I was implying at all senor, I'm not THAT dumb.

#12 ·
I don't understand why so many of these guys keep getting caught. Don't they read the news. You might get past for a while but eventually you will get caught.

#13 ·
Still good to know that marijuana will get you a year, and steroids only 9 months. I'd go the roid route to actually get an advantage while fighting.

#14 ·
Isnt Nick Diaz a repeat offender??

When Diaz tested positive the first time after his fight with Gomi the commission suspended him for 6 months from the time of the fight. Repeat offenders SHOULD get a more severe punishment. Its completely fair.

I dont think you would get 9 months if you get busted for steroids a second time. (Though its possible since i sometimes think the commission just throws out random numbers)

"Edit"

Looked it up and as i thought Josh Barnett was not able to fight in the United States for atleast a year after his second positive test.

#16 ·
i gave him benefit of the doubt, he was an enjoyable guy to watch and he was fine until he threatened to break hectors leg even if he tapped, that and then whinging about a broken foot when he was dropped already prior to the injury occuring, now this shit coming out. **** Palhares, he can rot in MMA purgatory

#19 ·
Yeah, I can't say I've ever been too fond of him. Carries himself around with an arrogant air about him. His cockiness on top of his love for holding submissions even after his opponent has tapped has me hoping for a speedy release for 'Toquinho'

Reactions: Killz
#35 ·
lol im sorry but how can anyone give palhares the "benefit of the doubt"? look at him...he truly is a mini hulk...you think thats all just hard work?

its the same as overeem...my god, its the most obvious thing that he was using PEDs but ppl love to pretend that these guys are clean since they past their meaningless drug tests, the only way to get caught on these tests is to prey that these fighters have down syndrome and cant calculate when they have to start their cycle

but you know what? i dont hate palhares for this, i truly think ppl pretend they give these guys the benefit of the doubt but they know they are abusing, they just dont want to support a roider so until the guy gets popped they turn a blind eye

i like palhares and i always thought he was roided up, i think 90% of fighters are...if i limit who i like by them being clean my list of fav fighters is gonna be very, very small

many great guys, great fighters are abusing this crap...do i support it? no of course not, i want clean fighters...but hey im not going to pretend this isnt the norm in MMA...actually in all major sports, i dont judge them as a person for this, they were weak and caved in, making mistakes is part of being human

and it really doesnt matter...these cheats will lose once they fight someone with more skills, roids never beat skill and never will...so roid all you want but you better sharpen up that technique

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.