MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Listening?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #3378 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Shit I was sure it was called Ill State of Mind :S.

He didn't REALLY have other offers. If someone with actual credibility like Def Jam or Aftermath send him an email he'd be wiping himself off before signing on the dotted line. To say gangsters sell drugs to kids is quite generalising. Is the dude he's preaching to in the video even a drug dealer?

Also, the Illuminati isn't real. I don't care if Dave Chappele (a very credible member of society) disagrees with that. And what's wrong with not making your own music or videos? Producing is a VERY specific skill, and in a lot of cases it comes down to having the "ear" to make a proper song. Just because Hopsin has a talent in that respect he can look down on others for not? Is Tom Hardy a fake and a fraud because he doesn't direct his own movies?

Also, Hopsin signed to Ruthless and had they not been a bullshit lable nowadays, he'd have been doing the exact same as everyone else. He's like CM Punk in wrestling. He claims he doesn't do what his bosses tell him, but that's only because he was gifted the oppertunity to speak. There are billions of guys like Hopsin who don't get the oppertunity to be heard like he does. He can't look down on them if they try to achieve their dreams and sign to a record lable. It's what they've always wanted and because it's something he doesnt, he thinks it's selling out. Drake always wanted to be a big name. He wanted to be a big actor, now he wants to be a big recording artist. He achieved that goal and now he is. Can Hopsin really look down on him for that? Hopsin has talents, and believes that others who don't have those talents are inferior to him. Did he think rappers who don't write their own stuff were a joke when he signed to Eazy E's record lable? (For the record, Eazy is my #3 all time regardless of ghostwriters).

He just got the oppertunity to be heard with a decent internet fan base. There are people who would look down on someone whoring themselves on youtube to get likes, and there will be people looking down on someone handing their CDs out on the street to get recognition. If someone wants to be a famous mainstream rapper, and they are successful in it, why do they need to be the most complex and talented lyricist?

And yeah, I got banned on my rap website of 6 years so good to get my old triple OG gangster talk out somewhere
Ha, why did you get banned?

I think theres an issue here. A big factor. One of us believes he's looking down on rappers. The other isn't. Listen closely to his lyrics and you'll realise he's incredibly humble. OK, not so much with his old stuff but more his recent stuff. I don't think he really has that much of a problem with people wanting to be a mainstream "rapper", the problem is that there are alot less talented people than him, Dizzy, SwizZz, Jared Benton, Rittz etc but are seen to be the cream of the crop because they are in the charts every week. I can understand this. OK, money rules the world and of course he, like evryone, wants lots of it. But he's not that obsessed with it to warrant signing to Sony, Warner or some shit like that. As far as the Illuminati go, theres a lot of misinformation out there, you just have to put the pieces of the puzzle together, join the lines. I've done a hell of alot of research on it and I'm not 100% decided yet but don't dismiss things without dong your own research. But this isn't the place to discuss it.

That being said, I get your feelings on Hopsin, what about SwizZz and Dizzy Wright? They make some righteous tunes.

This one makes me laugh.

And this one, the lyrics are crazy. Funny and thoughtful.

Probably needs to leave the Ruthless thing alone now though, I agree.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote