MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White claims UFC bigger than the NFL (globally)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Pretty old, apparently
Dana White claims UFC bigger than the NFL (globally)

The title is misleading. Well not anymore, damn Mods. I was looking at a TV website I check out from time to time and that was the title of their article. I thought, I hope Dana didn't say something that stupid. What he actually says is.

I still don’t consider us mainstream,” White said. “We’ve been on Fox for a year, holding our numbers. We’re in 175 countries. We just went into China for the first time. The fight that we did [last November] in Macao was the biggest fight they’ve ever had in China. We’re bigger than the NFL globally, but nothing’s bigger than the NFL in this country.
I can believe that. I lived in the Netherlands for two years and I don't remember a lot of excitement for the NFL over there. Not much for MMA either at the time. I knew nothing about MMA back then this was the mid 90s. Also I can't imagine there is a bunch of NFL mania in other parts of the world.

Source: TVRage

Forum GP - Season XI - Champion
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome