MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Judo

Thread: Judo
View Single Post

Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
kishiro
Bantamweight

kishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judokas
Yeah i can't kick i have pathetic strength in them and my knees are bad to but my punches are going well and my elbows are ok not to good. Although for grapplers, Boxing is a good striking base which is why i may take up Boxing as well are having really bad kicking strength.

But Judo will always be my way.

Leg Kicks are very underrated, they can cause serious pain and immobilize the guy receiving the kicks. In general, kicks are very underrated with most of the general public...i have received a fair few full powered punches to the head and they didn't hurt(the head not face) and also received a broken nose but the best hit i've taken was sparring with a very good Karate friend of mine...roundhouse kick straight to my head, i wasn't knockout but i would have preferred to be seeing as i wasn't to well after it.
about punches i would have to say most people do not know how to punch, and i have been told "my first punch is not the one you should be worried about, the 5 that follow the first one is the ones that will hurt you"

leg kick i dont like them. my friend said "it's easy, just check them with your shin..." he failed to tell me he has been conditioning his legs for years. he kicked me 3 times when i sparred him. 1st leg kick i sat down in. i hurt alot, 2nd one i tried to turn out of and catch on the back side of my thigh, i was kicked and it was so hard it swept me. 3rd one i tried to check it with my shin, i dropped my hands toward the kick. to open myself up for a left hook to the jaw.... night night. this was my muay thai
lesson. i learned the hard way bout them leg kicks. the first one i laughed kinda, then i was what are you doing, then hey stop it... laying on the ground i was like i don't want to play any more.

and about punches not having any power. i have broken nose 2X's, disslocated jaw(now i have tmj), concussion, and a broken tooth(not knocked out, it was broken in half).
this is what i recieved in boxing. the reason i had so many injeries, is i wanted to learn how to fight the inside game, because i lack the speed to box from the outside. i trained on how to close the distance and fight a "phone booth fight".
these are some boxers that inspired me to box the way i tried to imulate
YouTube - James Toney Highlight
YouTube - Nicolino Locche - The Untouchable!

punches and kicks are two diffrent thing, leg kicks i have a hard time seeing coming, i some time pick up on the hips, but not knowing what ot look for helps me get beat in that department. if the kick the waist up. i can see and or react better to that, moving, blocking, catching, or stepping inside of.