MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White claims UFC bigger than the NFL (globally)

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
St.Paul Guy
Don't Sweat the Technique

St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
I'm not so sure it is. The UFC is only really big in Brazil and maybe Canada (NFL might be bigger in Canada than UFC). Even if only Americans watch it, the NFL is about 1000x bigger than the UFC in America.... Maybe I'm underestimating how big the UFC is in Europe and Asia, but I would guess most people there haven't even heard of it.

If he is saying the UFC is bigger abroad than the NFL, then yes, but if you're going to include the US in the discussion.... I don't know. About 150 million people watch the Super Bowl, and according to Dana White (so definitely an exaggeration), 60 million Brazilians watch a Brazilian UFC event. The UFC doesn't have close to 90 million (about the total population of UK and Canada combined) fans outside Brazil.

Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote