MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Starting stand up training tomorrow

View Single Post

Old 04-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
kishiro
Bantamweight

kishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this pointkishiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcoastmma
not to well. i losy all my matches but i was wrestling two brackets technically. I was in the intremediate bracket but most of the guys in that bracket had been there for 3-4 years so they probally should have been in advanced. one of the guys i fought in the gi division went on to win the no gi absolute bracket. but i think i did ok for my first tourney. eventually the videos of the match will be onnline at brunosonlinegym.com
with your answer that would be my answer. don't worry about striking until your good at grappling. as a wrestler you can win vs a bjj, in a bjj trounament. takedown 2, pass guard 3, body control until time is up. in an mma match will you say, "i lost because he has been doing this for over 10 years he should be in the ufc, not this small unknow event...."
it is great to be an all around fighter, but even they have a strong point...