MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White claims UFC bigger than the NFL (globally)

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Yeah but there's just so much football around, that would mainly be the case for American football fans.

There are leagues in pretty much every single european country, the hardcore fans from those countries will support the big leagues and then their own league.

MLS really isn't that big in terms of name value either, the Brazilian league has a lot of old legends and all around a far higher level of football.

Yeah lots of people have heard of it but anybody that enjoys the game would rather watch a different league IMO.

Like at home I can watch all the big leagues, if I want to watch some minnow leagues i'll watch the A-League, I mean we've got some name value. Del Piero just signed with us.
Shit I thought Del Piero retired after Juvy. Good to see him away from them anyways, with Juvy and Celtic playing in the Champions League I'm glad we don't have him going up against us

But I know a lot of people who will watch MLS if it's on ESPN/Sky Sports. People like to be total fans of football. The Italian league is very unwatched here, mainly because it's the worst league in the world for everything other than skill. When Beckham moved to LA Galaxy the amount of people wearing those strips were huge. Cross that with the Irish (where I live) legend Robbie Keane joining them, theres a fair few who will flick onto their games.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote