MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping thread

View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
I'm never convinced by someones skills just because the train under an established master. Vitor has good enough BJJ, but I think Bisping showed outstanding grappling skills by being able to match Chael Sonnen. Sonnen throws every single person he fights around with his wrestling, and Bisping barley even went on his back in that fight and at times looked to be even better, so I think he needs to be regonized for that. Belfort wasn't nearly active enough from the guard against Jones, and I personally think after that fight that Jones has bad submission defence (only escaping because of his size) so I don't think Belfort really showcases a lot to us there. Regardless Belfort can pull off a sub against anyone and he showed good transitions to get Rumble's back and finish that fight. I think the main grappling will take place on the cage and if it comes to there, I think Bisping will gjust be too heavy on Belfort and have his hands in the right places to keep it there and make it boring. Like a more skillful showing than Mir/Cro Cop. But the problem is, the next round stands with both men in the centre of the cage once again.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote