MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wanderlei: 'Bones' Can Beat Chael With One Hand

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Agree. Purely wrestling wise Sonnen credentials and drive are still superior on paper. Jones wrestling shines in MMA when well mixed with his other skills and he mix things up brilliantly. That said, I want to see his response to Sonnen's predictable TD. Ppl say he will keep Sonnen at the distance. We've seen Sonnen simply running after legs. When he commits to take you down he means business and I am curious about two things: Can Sonnen TD Jones? And: Can Sonnen keep Jones down? All other thinkable alternatives end up in a brutal and painful night for Sonnen.
Yeah that's my two questions aswell. It doesn't matter if you know what Chael is going to do. EVERYONE knows Chael is shooting straight away, To this point, almost everyone he's faced haven't been able to avoid it though. Jones is a lot bigger than Chael's previous opponents and he's got the kind of build that will allow him to have his legs pulled high up whilst maintaining his balance. That being said, it's still Chael. I personally think he's the best pure wrestler in the UFC, even ahead of GSP. The submission topic is an interesting one to see how Jones does off his back. I imagine he'll smash Chael's face up with elbows from the bottom, but Chael won't care and will stay there landing massive shots from the guard if he gets the oppertunity. I think he can keep Jones on the floor if he manages to take him down and I feel being the smaller man will actually help him with his takedown offence.

I'm a lot more interested in this fight than apparently anyone else and think Chael has a better chance of winning than everyone Jones has fought so far (sorry Machida). It might not turn out that way, but I still think on paper Chael has a decent shot at this.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote