MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - If Nick Diaz beats GSP...

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
You've turned this into a business discussion now. I couldn't care less if Diaz does what he is told or not. I couldn't care less if he doesn't "respect the household". I'm a fight fan. I leave the business side of things to the businessmen.

And I personally thing anyone on the planet holding at UFC title at that moment in time is a household name in MMA. Matt Serra was everywhere in the MMA world for KOing GSP. He might not be a household name now but by the same logic, neither is Royce Gracie. Demetrious Johnson would probably be the least popular current UFC Champion, but if he hadn't lost to Dominic Cruz, and wanted to move up and fight himm I'd consider that to be a big champion Vs champion super fight.
Maybe my understanding of householding is different, then. I believe, although Nick is an average good fighter, his attitude is so unique (in a really bad way, unfortunately) he can only be the household of himself, really. I can't see him as a household name for UFC or even in MMA in general for the same uniqueness. It could be my own perception of the term, I give you that.