Originally Posted by No_Mercy
Top 5 in no particular order.
Cung beating Frank
Gina Carano whupping ass then losing to she-hulk.
Werdum dethroning the Emperor, then to Big Foot and Hendo was tough.
Overeem smashing Bum Rogers
Ronda blitzing everybody with the same finish move.
It's too bad SF had to fold. It was a solid organization with entertaining fights. You need feeder organizations like this otherwise the UFC will be bloated with a lot of lower tiered fighters who will be thrown into the wolves from the get go. The UFC is no joke. Every champ from other organizations have faltered at one point in the UFC.
- Jorge Santiago
- Nate (Pancrase)
- Cote (MFC)
- Diaz (I wouldn't say he faltered, but he lost to Condit and should almost certainly lose to GSP)
- Hendo lost both Pride belts
- Hector Lombard
- Cung Le (Good rebound though in his last two fights.)
- Roy Nelson (IFL champ/TUF winner)
These two at least won their belts in their respective divisions, but have been in major decline.
- Shogun Pride (although he did win the belt at least)
- Big Nog (won the belt, but has been in decline)
Only Overeem recorded his first victory in his first appearance from what I can remember. I think DC will follow suit against Mir. Luke not so much. Melendez will probably lose a close battle against Bendo simply because he hasn't had to deal with tough competition. Tarec is ultra talented, but you know what happens when you face The Rush.
Had no idea SF has been around for 27 years.
Something that has stuck with me when was Overeem basically threw Rodgers across the ring.