MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Will Cormier lose relevance if he loses tonight?

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
aerius
Featherweight

aerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level nowaerius is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
He finished the fight, I don't think he took a single punch, showed really good striking and great wrestling. How can that be treated as not impressive?
For such a highly decorated wrestler, I thought his ability to maintain top control and dish out damage was a bit lacking. There were too many times where Dion was simply able to roll to the turtle position and stand back up, that should not be happening. The other weakness was dishing out damage from side control and the crucifix position. When you get someone in the crucifix, he should be a bloody mess by the time he gets out, if he gets out. Dion came out almost unscratched and only took a couple weak elbows.

If that was Cain in there last night, Dion would've been beat up even worse than Bigfoot and it would be over in even less time.

It was a decent showing by Cormier, but I don't think it was all that impressive.
aerius is offline   Reply With Quote