MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - LW needs a more marketable champion?

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
the bad guy 13
Flyweight

the bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level nowthe bad guy 13 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Yeah but despite the UFCs best efforts, Frankie was a terrible PPV draw. His fights with Bendo for example did 360K and 190K buys, some if the worst numbes for a title fight in an established division in UFC history.

Rocky or not, he was still basically a boring pitter patter point fighter.

Maynard had one heelish fight, and that was against a guy who's turned into a real bore himself lately. I don't think he did it for the marketing, just in the moment. I doubt he's suddenly turned into a draw from just that.
maybe he did do it for marketing reasons, he found out thats how all the ufc heels have been getting "undeserving" title shots like diaz/sonnen/koscheck. he knows he has to stop being polite and start talking shit and have a bad boy personality it will sell + his nickname is the "bully" classic heel. also i think there was a interview where he says something along these lines " i tried to be humble, but thats shit gets old quick" pretty much confirming his heel turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMATycoon View Post
I look forward to seeing Bendo lose. I don't like any fighter who wants to thank the invisible man for their victories but has nothing to say about it when they lose.
yeah that stuff is lame.

-Lesnar
-Rousey
-Mir
-Ortiz
-Bones
-Bisping
-Rampage
-Koscheck
-Diaz Bros
the bad guy 13 is offline   Reply With Quote