MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Wanderlei: 'Bones' Can Beat Chael With One Hand

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
DonRifle

DonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
The two things that make a big difference in my book is Jones' height/reach plus his Grecko.

Sonnen couldn't take Silva down in the second round of their last fight when Silva was aware of what was coming, so I can't imagine him having much success against a grecko machine like Jones. He might get him down a few times, but he will never get out of Jones' guard in any case because of those damn long legs
Yeah but silva had hold of the fence keeping him standing in the second round. For something like 20 seconds if i can remember correctly.
Chael will close the distance and get him down I think. Will be interesting to see jones off his back. You would think Silvas Jits game would be better then Jones with all the Nog training. For all we know though Jones being the freak that he is could be much harder to deal with on the ground.
DonRifle is online now   Reply With Quote