MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anyone a fan of Cro Cop?

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Charm View Post
I highly doubt that, the rules were very different in PRICE vs UFC plus ring vs. octagon.

If PRIDE was around and UFC folded, I would be willing to bet guys used to the octagon would have very dismal showings when they transitioned over to the ring (+ head stomps and soccer kicks).

Not saying there wasn't PED abuse in Japan, there clearly was (but I highly doubt with these 2 legends).
It's got nothing to do with the rules, which is a valid point.

Both those guys looked pounds lighter in Pride. Their overall body movement was far more dynamic. Both these guys came to the UFC, and have since looked like they are fighting in slow motion compared to their Pride days. Is that not how you see it? Maybe I need to go back and watch some old videos. My memory might be somewhat hazy.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote