MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best way to take down a heavier opponent

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Actually a correct double drives sideways after contact so that the guy cannot sprawl. Sonnen hits a lot of power doubles which are just driving through a guy but if your sprawl super well it can be stopped.

Also the couture Toney fight was a low ankle pick in no way did randy shoot in and get a outside single. He was basically laying on the floor when he took James down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
The single that Randy shot in on Toney was very, very similar to the single I was taught for years when I was younger. Sometimes you go for the knee, sometimes you go for the ankle. We would exaggerate it much like Randy did when we shot in. Always had alteast 1 hand on the ground and 1 knee on the ground. This gif right here, is very similar to what I was reffering to. Accept Randy didn't circle as much as I thought.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote