MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bendo vs. Melendez targeted for UFC on FOX 7

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I think Thomson would do some damage in the UFC, not a Champion but could he creep into the lower end of the top ten? In my mind yes, he's better than a guy like Lauzon and I'd place him on the same caliber as a Jim Miller or someone like that. I think that was just a rough fight for Gil everything considered, Masvidal's another guy who I think can make some noise but not as much as Thomson can, Gil was fighting good guys in Strikeforce but his motivation was lacking towards the end, in the UFC I expect him to shine bright, this is what he's been wanting.
I agree and that is sort of the point. He beat the crap out of overrated Asian fighters who traditionally never do as well in America as they do in Japan. When he faced a guy like Thompson, who I think is better...he struggled.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote