MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Reward for Losing Title Fight? Another Title Fight

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
BJ, Shogun, and Frankie aren't really the same, they were controversial decisions where a lot of people thought they got robbed. Edgar and Diaz aren't the guys I'd have gave title shots to but in reflection it's not the most absurd thing, Chael has no business getting a title shot especially when there's Gus, Hendo, Machida, and soon Glover and Cormier out there. It should be Jones/Hendo and Machida/Sonnen.

I wasn't following MMA when Randy fought Sylvia, I have no clue why he got a title shot back then.
That's why I said a variety of reasons and circumstances. Same with Hendo having a unique situation.

Randy got a title shot cause the HW divison was a joke and very, very thin and Randy was a legend and former Champion. So the best fight they could make was getting Randy back and giving him a shot. At that time Randy was trying to get out of UFC contract to fight Fedor.

EDIT: I guess the Fedor shit came after the Timmy fight. But still Randy got the fight because the HW division was a joke. Just like Brock got a shot at the HW title on a 1 fight win streak. Joke of a division with no depth.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote