MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC on FOX 7 will feature Bendo vs. Melendez AND Cormier vs. Mir
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Cruz Control
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
He feels as if he was ready for the Mir fight and Mir pulled out. He is making his cut slowly. It takes GSP 1 year to put on 5 good lbs he says, so we can give Cormier 1 more fight to cut down a weight class.

Who would he fight at 205 right now? There isn't a fighter out there without a fight. Thiago Silva?
GSP also didn't call out Anderson or Bendo and say he was gonna "kick their ass in the fall." words I believe Bones will make him eat if they ever fight.

If Cormier wants Jones, make the drop, Gus is free, Glover fights in a few days, 'Shad fights on February 2nd, Davis is free, there's a lot of guys out there he can fight. Mir's chin has taken a beating over the years due to Brock, Carwin, and Junior and I feel that it's a very easy match up for DC, I know they were supposed to fight before but like I said, if you want the Light Heavyweight title and you're not interested in fighting for the Heavyweight title, you need to make that drop.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome