MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - K.J. Noons set for UFC debut later this year

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
onip69
Bantamweight

onip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledgeonip69 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
K.J. Noons set for UFC debut later this year

K.J. Noons set for UFC debut later this year

Posted by Brendhan Conlan on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm· 3 Comments

Only a few of the fighters who took to the cage last weekend at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine were offered a guaranteed spot in the UFC with the bulk of competitors instead being told that victory was the only means of punching a ticket to the Octagon. Lightweight K.J. Noons was among the latter group and, unfortunately for his fans, he came up short in his effort against Ryan Couture.

However, Noons’ Split Decision loss was of the controversial variety and even Couture came forward to say he felt the judges were going to score things differently. As a result, it looks like the UFC is still planning to bring Noons over to give him a chance at recapturing the same momentum he had a few years ago.

“They said, ‘Heal up, and as soon as you’re healed up, then start training, and we’ll get you on a card’,” said Noons in a conversation with MMAJunkie of the word he’d received from UFC brass.

As frustrated as Noons was by the way his clash with Couture turned out, he expressed his intent to focus on the situation’s silver-lining rather than be angry about an outcome he can’t change, explaining, “I can pout on it and complain, or dust myself off, know that in my head I won the fight, and take this and turn it into a positive.”

Noons holds an overall mark of 11-6 with eight strike-based stoppages and wins over Billy Evangelista, Jorge Gurgel, Yves Edwards, and Nick Diaz. While he may have a UFC debut in his future, Noons could very well be in a “must win” situation too considering he’s lost three of his four fights leading up to last weekend’s bout.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/01/...ter-this-year/
onip69 is offline   Reply With Quote